Hello! Thank you for visiting my website. I am very pleased to inform you that I will be running for the Chatham County School Board
seat - District 8. I am running for School Board because I believe that this is the next step for me in serving children in my community. My number one priority is to ensure that ALL students excel and are college career ready. As a former student, parent, teacher, parent liaison and an administrator of the Savannah-Chatham County Public School System, I have a vested interest and the experience to serve as your next School Board representative for District 8. I will bring over 3 decades of teaching experience, school and district budgetary, knowledge of school improvement initiatives, and a track record of working with teachers, parents and school administrators to promote student success.
With your support, I will be that strong voice and a listening ear for our children and our community. The head cannot hear until the heart can listen. On this site, you will find out more about me. Please use the contact page to express your concerns. I welcome your feedback and immensely appreciate your interest in the campaign. I would be honored to have your support and serve as your next school board representative for District 8.
Please vote for me on Tuesday, May 22, 2018.
“Let’s Create Great Schools for ALL Children in Our Community!”
EXPERIENCE & LEADERSHIP
• 32 Years Experience in Education
• Classroom Teacher & Administrator
• District Remedial Education Program (REP) Lead Math Teacher
• District Parent Liaison
• Title I Program Manager for Public, Charter and Private Schools
• City of Savannah Recreational Leader
• Graduate of Tompkins High School
• Florida A & M University, B.S.
• Cambridge College, M.Ed.
• University of Sarasota, Ed.S.
• University of Sarasota, Ed.D.
o Early Childhood Education
o Elementary Education
o Middle School (6–8): Social Studies
o Curriculum & Instruction K-12
• Experience with facilitation of school improvement initiatives
• Provided professional development to teachers, school administrators and parents
• Extensive experience with state and federal audits
• Assisted with approving school improvement plans for public, charter and private schools
• Assisted with preparing budgets for a combined 18 million dollars in federal funds
• Written and revised district policies for implementing federal mandates
• Experience with curriculum and grant writing